DUI Arrests Are A Very Serious Matter
DUI – DWI Arrest in St. Lucie, Martin, Indian River or Palm Beach
If you have been arrested for drunk driving in Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, Okeechobee or Palm Beach County, contact us right now to find out what your chances are of prevailing in your case. The decision to fight the charges or plead guilty will affect the rest of your life. The Law Office of Leonard S. Villafranco, P.A. is committed to vigorously defending your DUI – DWI Florida drunk driving case.
What About The Breath Machine?Breath Tests Are Often In Error Or Illegally Obtained
The most often asked question is “Can you beat the breath machine?” The simple answer is ‘yes’ the breath machine can be beaten. However more often then not, the breath test is quite accurate. The following is a list of issues that may affect the accuracy of the breath alcohol results as well as whether the result will be admissible into evidence.
- Did the officer observe you for a period of 20 minutes prior to taking the breath test?
- Did the officer tell you to ‘keep blowing’ during the breath test?
- Did the police officer have his/her radio on during the breath test?
- Was the initial stop by the officer unlawful?
- Was the arrest by the officer unlawful?
- Was the machine properly calibrated?
- Were you absorbing alcohol or eliminating alcohol at the time of the stop?
- Did you finish drinking just prior to being pulled over?
- Is your body’s partition ratio above or below 2100
Blood alcohol levels are affected by many things. Your bodies fat index, medications you are taking, what and when you last ate food, your own metabolism and various medical conditions are among many factors that can affect blood alcohol levels. Remember that your body will burn off approximately one half ounce of alcohol per hour. You cannot increase this rate by drinking strong coffee or throwing cold water in your face. The faster you drink, the higher your blood alcohol rate will be. The chart below is intended to be an approximation of what an average man or woman might expect their blood alcohol to register based upon consumption of alcoholic beverages in a one hour period. While it is a fair guideline, the chart should not be relied upon as accurate as to your individual situation.
Blood Alcohol Chart
If you are woman, your blood alcohol is:
If you are a man, your blood alcohol is:
If you are arrested, CALL: